Your brand is probably your most valuable business asset. We make protecting, enhancing and enforcing your brand our business. Our European Trade Mark and Domain Names Group is spread over our four offices in the UK, and our full service offices in Berlin and Frankfurt in Germany, as well as the associated Boult Wade, S.L. in Madrid, Spain. Therefore, we are exceptionally well placed to assist you with your UK and EU rights post Brexit. Our European teams include qualified lawyers in Spain and, in Germany, European Trade Mark Attorneys and Rechtsanwälte.
We advise clients on a national and international basis, representing a wide variety of businesses from start-ups to multinational corporations, protecting their brands, and offering a wide range of services to help enhance their IP assets. We treat every brand individually and create bespoke and effective protection, enhancement and brand strategies. We are known for the high quality of our work, value for money, our responsiveness and our friendly commercial approach. Our very highly regarded team includes a number of the leading practitioners in their fields, with in depth experience in a wide range of sectors and industries. Whatever sphere you operate in, our specialist advisors in the UK and in Berlin, Frankfurt and Madrid will offer insight and add value. We pride ourselves on being ahead of the game.
We are thought leaders, being active and vocal members of a variety of national and international industry bodies, such as The International Trade Mark Association (INTA), The American Bar Association (ABA), The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA), European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA), Marques, German Chamber of Patent Attorneys, the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), and the Madrid Bar Association .
We cover a broad range of sectors, including:
- Charity and voluntary sector
- Computer software
- Engineering and heavy industry
- Entertainment, TV and media
- Financial services and banking
- Food and drink
- Health and leisure
- New technologies
Our clients are drawn from a wide range of industries. They trust us with one of their biggest assets; their brand, and we provide world-class service, imaginative solutions and timely responses. Each of our attorneys have experience in varying sectors from fashion to finances and we will ensure you work with an attorney with knowledge of your industry.
MEET THE Trade mark and domain names TEAM
- Successfully acted for foreign Government in an EUIPO challenge over the non-use of a famous brand.
- Represented the largest hair salon chain in the world, reversing a decision made by the Brazilian PTO and gaining the client important protection against third parties trying to pass themselves off as the brand.
- Acted for a market leading manufacturer of road-building machines, overcoming objections to the client’s UK application for a 3D device mark and providing it with persuasive evidence for submissions in other territories.
- Successfully recovered a key domain name for an online seller of vehicle parts, after it was discovered being used to direct people to their competitors.
- Assisted a well-known producer of alcoholic beverages in its successful opposition against an application filed by a company in the same field, resulting in the protection of an important brand.