Felicity, Partner, is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney, European Trade Mark Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Trade Mark and Domain Name Group.
She advises on a selection of marks, Trade Mark searches, strategic filing and portfolio management, and handles large overseas portfolios. She has substantial experience in relation to prosecution and opposition work before both the UK and European Union Trade Mark offices, in particular in the area of co-existence agreements. Felicity also advises on domain name registration and dispute resolution including UDRP and Nominet procedures.
Felicity works primarily with corporate clients ranging from the entertainment and media sectors to technology and financial service clients. She has also worked with counsel on appeal cases from the European Union Trade Mark Office which are now pending before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
She gives tutorials to candidates for the Institute’s final examinations, and is a regular speaker on Trade Mark matters both in this country and overseas. Felicity has given lectures and presentations to the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys’ on meetings and its international conference. She has also spoken at the Intellectual Property Research Institute of Queen Mary, University of London and has lectured on its Intellectual Property Certificate.
- Advised a global beauty products manufacturer in a major domain name dispute, which resulted in the transfer of the domain name.
- Advising a major telecoms client on its ongoing domain name disputes and web enforcement.
- Assisted an audio equipment manufacturer with major clearance exercises involving cancellations, proof of use and refiling strategy.
- Advised a UK-based beauty company on a major due diligence exercise prior to the acquisition of a company, ongoing portfolio strengthening and advice regarding a copyright dispute, which resulted in the transfer of the disputed rights.
A two-day update on the latest EUIPO and WIPO legal reforms, law and practice 8-9 November 2018 London
Annual Update for Senior Trade Mark & Design Administrators, November 2017
Annual Conference for Senior Trade Mark & Design Administrators, Speaker ‘Case law summary and resulting practice changes’, London, September 2016
EUIPO IP Case Law Conference, Alicante, Spain, May 2016
‘Changes in the trade mark system may affect your business’, Trade mark workshop, London Office, 23 February 2016
Speaker, Management Forum, twice yearly, 2008-present
Trade Mark and Domain Names
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Audio and video apparatus and software
- Food and drink
- Legal and risk management
- Perfumery and cosmetics
- Advisory and prosecution work
- Brand selection and clearance
- Brand strategy
- Litigation support
- Searching and watching
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- MA (Oxon) English and French, University of Oxford
'Hide is well versed across the whole of the trademark spectrum, but has niche expertise in areas such as coexistence agreements, domain name registration and dispute resolution.' WTR's 1000 Leading Trademark Professionals, 2018
'Felcity Hide “has a super intellect and is excellent on case law, but is also pragmatic and client facing.” She blends domain name registration and dispute resolution know-how into her internationally oriented portfolio management practice'. WTR's 1000 Leading Trademark Professionals, 2017
“Felicity Hide is a bit lower profile than some, but is one of the best attorneys in the country. She’s generally the most intelligent person in any room she steps into and she handles marquee clients with great skill.” WTR 1000, 2016 (Silver, Individuals: prosecution and strategy)
“Emma Pitcher and Felicity Hide are noted for their expertise in IP-related acquisitions and oppositions respectively.” Legal 500, 2014 (Recommended, Trade Mark Attorneys)
‘Felicity Hide is “pragmatic and strategic.”’ Legal 500, 2012 (Recommended, Trade Mark Attorneys)
Find another attorney