Rachel, Partner, joined Boult Wade Tennant in 2006 and qualified in 2010 as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and European Trade Mark Attorney.
Rachel has a broad range of experience in searching, selecting, filing, prosecution and maintenance of Trade Marks before the UK and European Union Trade Marks offices, as well as in a wide range of countries around the world. Rachel routinely advises on filing strategy and represents clients in prosecution and contentious matters. She is also experienced in the drafting of co-existence agreements and the management of Trade Mark watching services.
Rachel works with clients in a broad range of industries which range from pharmaceutical companies to clients in finance, food and drink, the music industry and the publishing industry.
Rachel is responsible for the firm’s seminar scheme for clients and is a regular speaker at these events.
She also undertakes pro bono work for an organisation at the cutting edge of design and technology, filing and prosecuting trademark applications worldwide.
- Acted for a large medical equipment company on a trade mark application for a specific type of medical device.
- Assisted a telecommunications company to oppose an application by another party for a similar mark to its own, resulting in the parties entering into a coexistence agreement.
- Portfolio and dispute management for an international security systems company.
- Portfolio management for a client in the corrosion prevention and sealing technology industry.
- Searching, clearing and advising for a major telecommunications client.
Trade Mark and Domain Names
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Banking and financial services
- Cosmetics and perfumery
- Entertainment and media
- Food and drink
- Mobile consumer products
- Music and entertainment
- Security and fire protection
- Software and technology
- Water treatment
- Opposition and dispute work
- Portfolio management
- Searching and brand clearance
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- LLB (Hons) Law, Queen Mary University of London
Recommended in Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks, 2016
Recognised as a 'Rising Star' in Euromoney's Expert Guide, Trade Marks, 2016
Recognised as a 'Rising Star' in Euromoney's Expert Guide, Trade Marks, 2015
Find another attorney