Rachel, Partner, is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and European Trade Mark Attorney.
Rachel’s practice incorporates clients from a broad range of industries including the pharmaceutical sector, finance, technology, retail, food and drink, music and publishing.
Rachel is known for her extensive experience in all aspects of brand selection, protection and portfolio management. Rachel is particularly skilled and experienced in trade mark clearance searching, being acknowledged for her clear concise advice, with a truly commercial perspective.
Rachel handles all aspects of trade mark prosecution and enforcement, before the UK and European Union Trade Mark Offices, as well as in a wide range of countries worldwide. She is highly experienced in contentious matters before the UKIPO and EUIPO, including settlement negotiations the drafting of co-existence agreements, and supporting clients as part of legal teams with solicitors and counsel in court proceedings.
Rachel’s work also includes counterfeit cases with Trading Standards and customs authorities in a range of countries. She is also jointly responsible for the firm’s webinar, seminar and vacation schemes and is a regular speaker at these events.
Rachel is a member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) and the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) to which she contributes case reviews and articles on developments in trade mark law.
- Acted for a large medical equipment company on a trade mark application for a specific type of medical device.
- Assisted a telecommunications company to oppose an application by another party for a similar mark to its own, resulting in the parties entering into a coexistence agreement.
- Portfolio and dispute management for an international security systems company.
- Portfolio management for a client in the corrosion prevention and sealing technology industry.
- Searching, clearing and advising for a major telecommunications client.
PTMG Annual Conference, Berlin, October
PTMG Autumn Conference 2018, Dubrovnik
PTMG Autumn Conference, Oslo, October 2016
Westminster Media Forum Keynote Seminar: ‘The UK Fashion Industry’, London, April 2016
PTMG 92nd Conference and AGM, London, March 2016
‘Changes in the trade mark system may affect your business’, Trade mark workshop, London Office, 23 February 2016
ITMA Moot Trial ‘Jack Wills v House of Fraser’, attending, London, January 2016
PTMG conference, “A Polish Rhapsody – Stay Tuned in Pharmaceutical Trade Marks”, Warsaw, October 2015
Speaker, Evidence Round Table, November 2014
PTMG conference, “All Change! Exploring Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Today and Tomorrow”, Hamburg, March 2013
PTMG conference, “Realities for Pharmaceutical Trade Marks in the Physical and Virtual World”, Barcelona, October 2012
PTMG conference, “Policy, Practice & Pitfalls – Pharmaceutical Trade Marks in Europe and Beyond”, Brussels, March 2012
PTMG conference, “Pharmaceutical Trade Marks in a Shrinking World”, Prague, October 2011
IBIL Brands Seminar, ‘Trade Marks: The Future of the Advertising Function’, March 2011
Trade Mark and Domain Names
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Banking and financial services
- Cosmetics and perfumery
- Entertainment and media
- Food and drink
- Mobile consumer products
- Music and entertainment
- Security and fire protection
- Software and technology
- Water treatment
- Opposition and dispute work
- Portfolio management
- Searching and brand clearance
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- LLB (Hons) Law, Queen Mary University of London
Recommended in Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks, 2016
Recognised as a 'Rising Star' in Euromoney's Expert Guide, Trade Marks, 2016
Recognised as a 'Rising Star' in Euromoney's Expert Guide, Trade Marks, 2015
Find another attorney