The Chemical and Materials Group is well positioned to assist in all areas of chemistry, with our expert chemical patent attorney team specialising in pharmaceutical and synthetic organic chemistry, inorganic and solid-state chemistry, and metallurgy and materials science. Major industrial companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, university research departments and start-ups alike call upon our technical and commercial expertise. We assist in the full range of IP services including: drafting applications, prosecution, enforcement and litigation support. We also offer IP risk assessments to help our clients minimise the risk associated with prospective new ventures.
We have experienced the distinctive challenges and opportunities of your sector first-hand and are well placed to advise on your commercial strategy. Our chemical patent attorneys will guide you through complex issues and develop a comprehensive IP strategy tailored to your commercial ambition.
Below are some of the areas in which we can assist:
- Alloys, ceramics and glasses
- Analytical chemistry
- Chemical engineering
- Dyes, pigments and coatings
- Electrochemistry and battery technology
- Environmental chemistry and green technology
- Food technology
- Lubricants, fuels and additives
- Pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry
- Semiconductor and electronic materials
- Water treatment and waste processing
We belong to respected professional bodies such as the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) (UK) which not only means we are at the forefront of developments in the market but also means we regularly contribute to shaping IP law and the legal sector.
We have assisted numerous clients with complex European Patent Office (EPO) oppositions, using our extensive knowledge of the sectors we cover and our considerable combined experience handling matters on a local, national and international basis.
MEET THE Chemical and materials TEAM
- Represented a US pharmaceutical company in the successful defence of a patent relating to human milk fortifier.
- Successfully acted for a UK-based veterinary pharmaceutical company in a long-running European Patent Office (EPO) opposition and subsequent Appeal.
- Advised a leading pharmaceuticals company in a Patent County Court action concerning medical auto-injector technology and provided litigation support throughout the action.