Trade Mark Attorney
Donna is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and European Trade Mark Attorney in the Trade Mark and Domain Names Group.
She assists on a wide range of UK, European Union and International Trade Mark cases for major clients of the firm. She is the central contact for one of the firm’s major clients.
Donna holds a Bachelor of Law with European Legal Studies LLB (Hons) from the University of Durham and an LLM in Commercial Law from the University of Edinburgh.
- Two periods of secondment to a major multi-national telecommunications company.
- Global portfolio management and a comprehensive portfolio audit for a major multi-national telecommunications company.
- Ongoing co-ordination and advice on numerous trade mark disputes worldwide for a major multi-national telecommunications company.
- Working with a renowned British theatre company to provide advice on clearance for new show and theatre names, filing of new applications and registry disputes for a variety of marks.
- Portfolio management for a designer and manufacturer of amphibious sports vehicles and advice on various disputes.
- Acting for a client in the financial services industry before the Company Names Tribunal.
- Assisting a client in the hospitality industry with a successful opposition and attending an inter partes hearing with Counsel before the UK Intellectual Property Office.
- Negotiating settlement of a dispute for a client on a pro bono basis in relation to a threat of infringement proceedings made against a planned charity festival event.
JIPLP event; “A Distinctive Mess? Current Trade Mark Law and Practice in the EU and UK, November 2017
Durham University Alumni in Law Event, London January 2018
MIP International Women in Leadership Forum, Attending, London, February 2017
Norton Rose Fulbright, Women in IP – Launch event, Attending, London, November 2016
Seminar, ‘The IP Zeitgeist’, July 2015
ITMA spring conference, March 2014
Trade Mark and Domain Names
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Cosmetics and perfumery
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Financial services
- Food and drink
- Software and technology
- Sports, leisure and hospitality
- Entertainment and theatre
- Brand selection, searches and clearance
- Opposition and dispute work
- Enforcement and advisory work
- Filing and prosecution
- Filing strategy and international filing programmes
- Global portfolio management
- Portfolio audit
- CITMA: Member of the Pro Bono working group
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Trent University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, Queen Mary University of London
- LLM Commercial Law, University of Edinburgh
- LLB (Hons) Law with European Legal Studies, University of Durham
- IP Transactions: Law and Practice course, University College London
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) IP Stars Rising Star, 2018
Find another attorney