Marcus is a European and UK-qualified Patent Attorney in the Chemical and Materials Group. He joined Boult Wade Tennant in October 2012. Marcus assists with the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide. He also assists in the preparation of freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity opinions, and with contentious proceedings including oppositions and appeals.
Marcus’ technical expertise is in chemistry, and his cases span a wide range of technologies including general chemistry and materials science, drug delivery systems, nutritional compositions, food technology, waste treatment and petroleum processing. Marcus is experienced at working with large corporations as well as small and medium sized companies.
Marcus has a first degree in chemistry (MChem from the University of Oxford) and an MRes in chemical biology from Imperial College London, where he worked towards the development of fluorescent probes to measure conformational changes in signalling proteins.
Marcus was awarded the Strode prize for achieving the highest mark in the legal paper (P2) of the 2015 UK patent finals examinations, as well as the Michael Jones prize for achieving the highest mark in the amendment paper (P4). He was also awarded the Gill prize for achieving the highest overall mark across the four finals papers.
- Assisted in advising a UK based pharmaceutical company in the prosecution of UK and EP applications.
- Advised a US healthcare corporate by assisting in the drafting and prosecuting of applications to expand the client’s existing portfolio.
University College London, Researcher Professional Development Talks, Speaker, London, December 2016
Chemical and Materials
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Energy and resources
- Food and beverage
- CIPA (Awarded Michael Jones Prize and Gill Prize 2016 for his examination performance)
- European Patent Attorney
- UK Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- MRes Chemical Biology, Imperial College London
- MChem (Hons) Chemistry, University of Oxford
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) IP Rising Star, 2018
Recognised as Rising star 2019, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars
Find another attorney