Marcus is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the Chemical and Materials Group. His practice includes drafting and prosecuting patent applications, as well as contentious proceedings including EPO oppositions and appeals.
Marcus’ technical expertise is in chemistry, and his cases span a wide range of technologies including catalysts, pharmaceuticals and food technology. He recently spent fifteen months on secondment to a multinational consumer goods company, where he gained significant in-house experience in relation to IP-related agreements, IP due diligence, and in planning and handling large freedom-to-operate projects.
Marcus has an MChem from the University of Oxford and an MRes in chemical biology from Imperial College London, where he worked towards the development of fluorescent probes to measure conformational changes in signalling proteins.
Marcus was awarded three prizes by the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys for his performance in the 2015 UK patent finals examinations, including the Gill prize for achieving the highest overall mark across the four finals papers.
- Assisted in advising a UK based pharmaceutical company in the prosecution of UK and EP applications.
- Advised a US healthcare corporate by assisting in the drafting and prosecuting of applications to expand the client’s existing portfolio.
University College London, Researcher Professional Development Talks, Speaker, London, December 2016
Chemical and Materials
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Energy and resources
- Food and beverage
- CIPA (Awarded Michael Jones Prize and Gill Prize 2016 for his examination performance)
- European Patent Attorney
- UK Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- MRes Chemical Biology, Imperial College London
- MChem (Hons) Chemistry, University of Oxford
Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) IP Rising Star, 2018
Recognised as Rising star 2019, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars
Find another attorney