12 September, 2014
We are delighted to announce that Dr James Legg has joined Boult Wade Tennant’s Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group effective 29 September, 2014. James was previously part of a Cambridge based IP firm. As part of the Boult Wade Tennant team, he will help to develop our biological therapeutics and molecular biology practice.
His experience in the bio and life sciences field includes preparing and prosecuting UK, European and PCT patent applications; IP due diligence; representing clients in opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO; and supporting German and US litigation.
He has represented clients in the following technology areas:
- Biological therapeutics: Antibodies, bispecific diabodies, polypeptides and vaccines.
- Small molecule therapeutics: Anti-platelet, anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritis agents.
- Diagnostic assays: Antibodies, next-generation sequencing, oligonucleotide arrays and RNA in situ hybridization.
- Genetic engineering and gene silencing: Antibody engineering, CRISPR/Cas gene editing, microorganisms for biofuel production, RNAi, and virus-like particle (VLP) engineering.
- Genetic analysis: DNA amplification technologies, molecular beacon probes, next-generation sequencing, nucleotide quantitation and oligonucleotide arrays.
- Stem cell technology.
- Biomedical products and devices: Medical adhesives and stent technology.
Claire Baldock, Head of Biotechnology and Life Sciences and Senior Partner commented: “We are delighted that James has decided to join our Biotechnology and Life Sciences team. He has a well-earned reputation for his diligence and sound commercial judgement as well as his legal skills as a patent attorney. I am sure he will be a great asset for our team and help the group continue to deliver the highest quality of service and product to our clients.”