We look forward to working closely with both charities to help them in both raising awareness of their causes and the vital work they do, as well as supporting them through staff fundraising events and volunteering activities throughout the year.
Sacha Laws, Business Manager of Plastic Oceans UK said: “Plastic Oceans UK is delighted to be chosen as this year’s charity of choice by Boult Wade Tennant LLP. More than 8 million tonnes of plastic enters the ocean every year, and the involvement of industry is essential to prevent this. We hope that by engaging their staff on the issue Boult Wade Tennant LLP can grow sustainability within and beyond their organisation, helping to align business with the natural world”.
We have kicked things off with many of our team taking on the Step up for 30 challenge for Bowel Cancer UK. The challenge will see both teams and individuals get sponsored to do 30 minutes of physical activity every day for 30 days from 7 June – 7 July.
Luke Squires, Director of Fundraising at Bowel Cancer UK, said: “We are thrilled to be chosen as Boult Wade Tennant’s charity of the year, and wish the team all the best for their Step up for 30 challenge. Bowel cancer is the UK’s second biggest cancer killer and fourth most common cancer in the UK, but if diagnosed early, it can be treatable and curable. With companies like Boult Wade Tennant leading the way, together we can help stop people dying from this dreadful disease.”
If you would like to support the Boult Wade Tennant team taking part, links to their fundraising pages can be found below:
- Straight off the Couch (team members: Matthew Spencer, Barbara Rigby, Olga Bohuszewicz and Sam Pont): https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cambridgecouch
- Not Fast, Just Furious (team members: James Legg, Tracey Wilson, Karen Challis, Denise Parker and Stacey Ridgewell): https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/team-notfastjustfurious
- The Deadly Divas (team members: Raeanna Patterson, Amy Giffard, Madeleine Williams, Jacqueline Flynn and Venisha Manderson): https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/the-deadly-divas
- Lightening Boults (team members: Katie Davies, Sophie Green and Jane Crawley): https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/LighteningBoults
- Fifi Bevan: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fifi-bevan?newPage=True
- Vanisha Mistry: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/vanisha-mistry2
We will keep you updated on our work with the two charities over the coming year.