Simon is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. He assists with the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and other national jurisdictions including Japan, China and Korea. He frequently assists with freedom-to-operate searches. Simon works with a range of clients from small, independent clients to large corporations across a range of industry sectors.
Prior to joining Boult Wade Tennant Simon worked as a research fellow at the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati, Trieste. His primary area of research was in the development of computational methods for predicting absorption spectra of various organic dyes. Throughout his research Simon has gained invaluable expertise in the fields of software development and algorithm design.
Simon has an MSci Theoretical Physics and a PhD in Physics, both from University College London. His PhD research included the calculation of surface properties of large extended systems to within chemical accuracy using a wide range of computational treatments, including ab initio quantum chemistry and quantum Monte Carlo methods.
- Assisted a financial services client with multiple freedom-to-operate searches prior to launch of a new product.
- In collaboration with a US attorney, assisted a well-known client in the telephony industry in drafting a claim set balancing the exact scope of protection required with specific European issues.
- Part of a team drafting and prosecuting a large and complex multi-jurisdictional portfolio for a cryptography and software engineering client.
Internet-of-Things-Thames-Valley, Reading, October 2017
MIP International Patent Forum 2016, London, March 2016
April 2014 – The Future of Payments: Cryptocurrencies and the Law
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Computer architecture
- Software and software engineering
- Audio/signal processing
- Computer architecture
- Secure software
- Quantum computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Physics, University College London
- MSci Theoretical Physics, University College London
- European Design Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University if London
Find another attorney