Sarah Le Mesurier
Sarah is a Chartered (UK) Patent Attorney and European Patent attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group. Her main practice focuses on preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a broad range of fields in the UK, Europe and internationally.
Sarah is also on the firm’s Practice Committee, which operates to ensure that the firm’s procedures comply with any changes to national and intergovernmental laws.
Sarah has an MA (Cantab) in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge. This multidisciplinary degree encompassed aspects of Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Mathematics and Materials Science. Her specialisation was in Materials Science, where studies included: semiconductor devices, electron and atomic force microscopy, diffraction techniques, composite and elastomeric materials, non-destructive testing, fuel cells and biomedical materials. Her final year project investigated the development of resorbable polymers and composites for degradable cardiac stents.
Sarah was awarded the Bill Caro Prize for best overall results in the Certificate in Intellectual Property Law examinations.
- Prosecuted numerous patent applications for an industrial printing business.
- Prosecuted a portfolio of patent applications for a leading manufacturer of photonic devices.
- Prosecuted a portfolio of patent applications for a leading manufacturer of photonic devices
- Assisted a well-known alcoholic beverage company to protect the IP involved in their new drinks dispensing system.
Engineering and Designs
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Biomedical materials
- Deformation processing
- Diffraction techniques
- Elastomeric materials and composites
- Electron and atomic force microscopy
- Fuel cells
- Mechanical testing
- Non-destructive testing
- Semiconductor devices
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London (awarded the Bill Caro Prize for best overall results in Certificate Examinations)
- BA (Hons) Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- European Patent Attorney
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- MA (Cantab) University of Cambridge
Recognised as Rising star 2019, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars
Find another attorney