Victoria is a Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. She has substantial experience with the drafting and prosecution of Patent applications before the UK and European Patent Offices.
Her cases relate to subject matters spanning many different areas of scientific and electrical technologies, including semiconductor devices, telecommunication systems, scientific instrumentation and software implemented inventions. Victoria regularly works with inventors directly, as well as with a range of clients from small businesses to large global organisations.
Victoria has a PhD from the University of Cambridge. Her doctoral research investigated electron transport phenomena and spin effects in semiconductor quantum dots. She has extensive practical experience of semiconductor device fabrication and low temperature measurement techniques. The project was completed in collaboration with Toshiba Research UK with a view to implementing g-factor engineering for quantum computing.
Victoria has an MSci (Hons) Physics from Durham University, during which she completed a final year research project studying the optimum conditions for the growth of nanowires and nanorods in zinc oxide using VLS growth. She also worked between her degree and PhD as a student researcher at the British Antarctic Survey (Physical Sciences Division).
- Assisted a client in the semiconductor industry in successfully defending opposition of a patent at the EPO, resulting in the client retaining protection for this technology in Europe
- Worked on secondment to provide support to an in-house IP team of a multinational, telecommunications company, in particular in relation to invention capture, management of outside counsel and patent prosecution
- Used in-depth knowledge of semiconductor device operation and manufacture to draft and prosecute a patent application for a commercialisation arm of a university, strengthening our client’s ability to license the technology
- Drafted a portfolio of new patent applications for an SME to different aspects of the client’s product before launch, subsequently advising on their management and filing strategy to seek international patent protection
MIP International Patent Forum, Attending, London, March 2017
Royal Holloway Women in Physics: Scientific Careers, Speaker, December 2016
October 2014 – CIPA Congress
High Tech and Electrical
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Analytical instruments and software
- Semiconductor devices and semiconductor fabrication
- Software implemented inventions
- Quantum devices and quantum computing
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- PhD Semiconductor Physics, University of Cambridge
- MSci (Hons) Physics, Durham University
Recognised for her “high standard of work” by Legal 500, 2017 - https://web.archive.org/web/20180810011412/https://www.legal500.com/firms/91836/91836
Find another attorney