Victoria is a Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. She has substantial experience with the drafting and prosecution of Patent applications before the UK and European Patent Offices.
Her cases relate to subject matters spanning many different areas of scientific and electrical technologies, including semiconductor devices, telecommunication systems, scientific instrumentation and software implemented inventions. Victoria regularly works with inventors directly, as well as with a range of clients from small businesses to large global organisations.
Victoria has a PhD from the University of Cambridge. Her doctoral research investigated electron transport phenomena and spin effects in semiconductor quantum dots. She has extensive practical experience of semiconductor device fabrication and low temperature measurement techniques. The project was completed in collaboration with Toshiba Research UK with a view to implementing g-factor engineering for quantum computing.
Victoria has an MSci (Hons) Physics from Durham University, during which she completed a final year research project studying the optimum conditions for the growth of nanowires and nanorods in zinc oxide using VLS growth. She also worked between her degree and PhD as a student researcher at the British Antarctic Survey (Physical Sciences Division).
- Assisted in the defence of an opposition to a European patent on behalf of a client operating in the semiconductor devices sector.
- Assisted a start-up company, active in the software sector for use in the entertainment industry, in relation to obtaining commercially valuable patent protection for their invention, as well as advice in relation to the management of their portfolio and potential infringement actions.
- Assisted in drafting a portfolio of new patent applications to different aspects of a client’s new product before launch at an industry event.
High Tech and Electrical
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Analytical instruments and software
- Semiconductor devices and semiconductor fabrication
- Software implemented inventions
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- PhD Semiconductor Physics, University of Cambridge
- MSci (Hons) Physics, Durham University
Find another attorney