Tessa, Partner and Head of the Engineering and Designs Group, is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney.
Her extensive experience includes: Prosecution and Opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office, preparing patent specifications and the filing and prosecution of patents worldwide throughout the mechanical engineering field. She brings strategic and commercial advice to both international and domestic clients and in particular those that operate in the fields of: security features for currency; paper making; beverage preparation; bearing technology; compressors; IC engines; work machines and road sweeping vehicles. Her experience includes many high profile projects and complex portfolios where she has advised on the management and enforcement of rights.
Tessa lectures on intellectual property at universities and frequently speaks at IP conferences, exhibitions and seminars. She is a renowned expert on computerised records keeping systems and has been invited to speak and advise on the subject.
Tessa has a BSc (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from the University of Birmingham.
- Successfully overcame a number of European Patent Office oppositions against European patents in the field of security devices for currency.
- Conducted freedom-to-operate projects relating to beverage preparation equipment.
- Acts on behalf of a well-known manufacturer of construction and mining, drafting and prosecuting patent applications and providing strategic advice on its patent portfolio.
- Prosecuted complex patent applications and provided strategic advice on its patent portfolio for an international technology group in the field of infection control and environmental filtration technology.
- Prosecuted an extensive number of patent applications for an international corporation relating to beverage preparation devices and packaging for food and beverage products.
Engineering and Designs
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Currency and paper manufacturing
- Food technology
- Medical Instruments
- Sports equipment
- After-treatment systems
- Air compressors
- Beverage dispensing systems
- Dental equipment
- Earth moving equipment
- Internal combustion engines
- Optical and tactile security features for security documents
- Packaging for foods and beverages
- Tennis racquets and golf clubs
- Thermal insulation systems for subsea applications
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, University of Birmingham
“They come prepared to think around particular issues, be creative and come up with solutions.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
“They’re results led and they really do try to go that extra mile on understanding the problems.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
“She has a very commercial approach to problem solving and communicating.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
“Tessa [Bucks] has a real strength in managing client relationships, such that they work as regular as clockwork.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
Lead Partner, UK Best Law Firms, Leaders League Magazine, 2018
Find another attorney