Susi is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group.
She has wide experience in the field of biomedical engineering and medical physics. Susi has additional experience in the design, manufacture and testing of mechanical systems.
Susi is involved in overseeing the firm’s European Patent Validations Group, which handles the grant state of European Patent applications before the EPO and the subsequent patent validation procedure before national Patent Offices throughout Europe.
Susi has a MEng Mechanical and a PhD Mechanical Engineering, both from the University of Leeds. Susi’s PhD focused on the investigation of the role of blood flow in the clotting of blood, using a combination of computational fluid dynamics software and experimental techniques.
Susi is an active supporter of IP Inclusive, and serves as co-chair for the Women in IP Group.
- Assisted a team who overcame significant objections in an opposition case where the patent for an aerospace client was successfully maintained.
- Working as part of a team requesting a revision of a decision issued by USPTO on behalf of a client in the medical devices industry.
Business case for Diversity at the joint AIPLA/CIPA Diversity in IP lunch, 3 June 2019
Connected bubbles,27 June, London
MIP International Women’s Leadership Forum
Norton Rose Fulbright, Women in IP – Launch event, Attending, London, November 2016
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Medical devices
- Biomedical engineering
- Medical devices
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Mechanical Engineering (Biomedical), University of Leeds
- MEng (with distinction) Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, including a year at Technische Universitat, Braunschweig, Germany
Find another attorney