Joshua is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. He is responsible for the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent and registered design applications at the UK, European and World Intellectual Property Offices. He also regularly represents clients at Oral Proceedings before the Examining Division and Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office. In addition, Joshua provides advice on infringement, validity and freedom-to-operate issues. Beyond Europe, Joshua is experienced in co-ordinating the filing and prosecution of patent and registered design applications worldwide.
Joshua predominantly works in the electronics, telecommunications and computing industries. Prior to joining Boult Wade Tennant, Joshua was a software engineer in the telecommunications industry. He has experience of a range of telecommunications products including network management systems, mobile applications and provisioning solutions. As a result of his experience in industry, Joshua is well placed to advise clients operating in these sectors with awareness of commercial considerations.
Joshua has a MEng (Hons) Engineering Science from the University of Oxford. He specialised in electronics and information engineering with a particular focus on computer vision and machine learning. In his final year project he developed new methods for performing unsupervised image registration.
- Assisted a telecommunications client in successfully dealing with multiple threats of infringement action from a third party across a complex and wide portfolio.
- Assisted with managing a global patent portfolio for an expanding company specialising in queuing technologies.
- Assisted in freedom-to-operate work for a new currency exchange product.
- Coordinating the filing of a global portfolio of Registered Design rights
Queen Mary University of London Career Events, December 2018
QM careers event: A career as a patent attorney, Speaking , Dec 2017
High Tech and Electrical
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Computer architecture
- Scientific instruments
- Aeronautical systems
- Global patent prosecution
- Patent drafting
- Software implemented inventions
- Artificial intelligence
- Image processing
- Computer vision
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- Registered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- MEng (Hons) Engineering Science, University of Oxford
Find another attorney