Frances is a European Patent Attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group.
Her practice focuses on the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and other countries, working with cases relating to all fields of engineering, including construction, packaging, medical devices and alternative energy.
Frances has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bath. Her doctoral research focused on the development of electrically active materials for bone graft substitution. Following her PhD she carried out diverse postdoctoral research projects in the field of medical engineering, including: work on the design of artificial knee ligaments; carried out at Georgia Tech Lorraine; and test methods for pharmaceutical tablet coatings. She is the author of a number of original research papers and two literature reviews published in the Annuals of Biomedical Engineering and the Journal of Tissue Engineering.
- Assisted a UK start-up company in preparing and filing national and international patent applications to protect their core product in their target markets.
- Advised a manufacturer on potential infringement risks associated with design changes to their existing product.
- Prosecuted a range of patent applications for a leading client in the food industry.
INTA 2018 Design Conference The Power of Design
Horizon Event, July 2017
CIPIL Spring Conference 2017: Intellectual Property and Human Rights, Cambridge, March 2017
Engineering and Designs
CPC4 Capital Park
Sectors and practice areas
- Alternative energy
- Automotive engineering
- Food technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical devices
- Beverage dispensing systems
- Connectors for construction
- Diesel particulate filters
- Dosage counters
- Office furniture
- Oral/nasal inhalers
- Wind turbines
- European Patent Attorney
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering (Electrically Active Ceramics for Bone Graft Substitution), University of Bath
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with French, University of Bath
Find another attorney