Edward is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group.
Edward is experienced in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide. He regularly assists clients with managing global patent portfolios and providing commercial advice, including the preparation of freedom-to-operate opinions and has assisted in diligence exercises.
Edward completed a doctorate at the University of Oxford on the role of local immunity in vaccine-induced protection against tuberculosis. His work specifically investigated the immunological effects of delivering adenoviral and protein based vaccines to the respiratory tract.
Edward was awarded the Strode Prize for the highest mark in the legal paper of the
2014 UK patent finals examinations.
- Advised a bio venture capital company on due diligence and freedom-to-operate issues related to a university spinout.
- Assisted a major pharmaceutical company with the drafting of a portfolio of patent applications in a new therapeutic area.
- Manages the European and foreign patent portfolio for a medium sized pharmaceutical and diagnostics company based in the UK.
Biotechnology and Life Sciences
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Medical devices
- Cancer diagnostics and pharmaceuticals
- Chimeric antibodies
- Viral vectors and vaccines
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- DPhil Clinical Immunology, University of Oxford
- MA Biological Sciences, University of Oxford
Find another attorney