Edward is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group.
His practice includes advising clients on the management global patent portfolios and providing commercial advice, including the preparation of freedom-to-operate opinions and due diligence exercises.
Edward specialises in biologics, diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and vaccinology. He completed a doctorate at the University of Oxford on the role of local immunity in vaccine-induced protection against tuberculosis. His work specifically investigated the immunological effects of delivering adenoviral and protein based vaccines to the respiratory tract.
Edward was awarded the Strode Prize for the highest mark in the legal paper of the
2014 UK patent finals examinations.
- Advised a bio venture capital company on due diligence and freedom-to-operate issues related to a university spinout.
- Assisted a major pharmaceutical company with the drafting of a portfolio of patent applications in a new therapeutic area.
- Manages the European and foreign patent portfolio for a medium sized pharmaceutical and diagnostics company based in the UK.
UK science and innovation policy – funding and investment, commercialisation and IP management, and the international positioning of UK research
Protecting Innovation in the Life Sciences, LSPN Conference, 2019
IBioIC Summer Social
Westminster Health Forum Keynote Seminar: The future of biosimilars in the UK – innovation, regulation and increasing uptake
Oxford Innovation Forum
Investival Biotech and Money showcase
CIPA Life Sciences Conference, Northampton, November 2017
BioBeat17 Meeting, London, November 2017
London IP Summit, Attending, October 2017
MIP International Patent Forum, Attending, London, March 2017
One Nucleus, Genesis 2016, attending, London, December 2016
CIPA Life Sciences Conference, Attending, Brighton, November 2016
BIA UK Bioscience Forum, London, October 2016
One Nucleus: Immuno-Oncology Investment Forum, Attending, London, October 2016
‘Vaccines for Ebola: tackling a market failure’, University of Oxford, London, March 2016
MIP International Patent Forum 2016, London, March 2016
Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co’s Annual Patents Seminar, London, January 2016
December 2014 – Genesis Conference
October 2014 – BioPharma Live
May 2014 – BIA Lecture, ‘Inspiring innovation in healthcare and the next generation’
Biotechnology and Life Sciences
Salisbury Square House
8 Salisbury Square
Sectors and practice areas
- Medical devices
- Cancer diagnostics and pharmaceuticals
- Chimeric antibodies
- Viral vectors and vaccines
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- DPhil Clinical Immunology, University of Oxford
- MA Biological Sciences, University of Oxford
Find another attorney