Adam is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group.
Adam advises a wide range of clients from start-ups to multinational aeronautical organisations in all areas of patent-related IP including: drafting and prosecuting patent applications; offering strategic portfolio management advice as well as commercial advice relevant to prior art and freedom-to-operate searches.
He has extensive research experience in the fabrication and characterisation of semiconducting materials and devices, with specific emphasis on high speed electronics, optoelectronics and photovoltaics. Adam has first-hand experience of a wide variety of characterisation techniques, including: optical; scanning probe and electron microscopy; X-ray diffractometry and reflectometry; spectroscopic ellipsometry; FTIR spectroscopy and various methods of determining electronic properties of materials.
Adam has a Master of Physics degree from the University of Oxford, a Master of Science degree in mathematics from the Open University and a PhD in the field of semiconductor physics from the University of Warwick.
- Acting for an international aeronautics company, successfully overcame nine rounds of objections to the granting of a patent application that was of significant importance to the client.
- Worked closely with a client operating in the paper manufacturing sector to draft and file a patent application offering the appropriate protection for the client’s invention.
- Called upon by a scientific equipment company who required a patent attorney with an understanding of mathematical Bayesian inference algorithms and convolution trees to draft a patent application in this highly specialised field.
November 2014 – Seminar, ‘Recent U.S. developments in case law around software and business methods’
May 2014 – Designs seminar
January 2013 – CIPA webinar: Accounting for IP
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Scientific instruments
- Semiconductor materials and devices
- Automobile occupant detection
- Composite materials
- Electron microscopy
- Financial market trading
- Nuclear magnetic resonance
- Refrigeration systems
- Institute of Physics
- Chartered Physicist
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Physics, University of Warwick
- MPhys Physics, University of Oxford
- MSc Mathematics, Open University
Find another attorney