William is a European Design Attorney, Chartered UK Patent Attorney, and European Patent Attorney, in the Engineering and Designs Group.
William is a specialist in design matters, and he routinely advises on the preparation, filing, and enforcement of both UK and Community registered designs to protect products, games, and brands. He also provides advice on unregistered design rights relating to the UK and the EU.
Alongside design matters, William’s practice includes the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and other countries, dealing with all fields of engineering. He has particular expertise in patents relating to consumer devices.
William has a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from the University College London.
- Successfully defended a US patent application against attacks on behalf of an offshore mineral harvesting client, resulting in the patent being awarded.
- Overcome a European Patent Office opposition against the European patent of a packaging industry client.
CITMA Designs Seminar 2018
The Shape of Things to Come: Predicting the Trajectory of Design and Trade Mark Protection of Product Shapes, February 2018
IP Case Law Conference, Substantive and Procedural issues of Trade Mark and Design Dispute Resolution.
MIP International Patent Forum 2016, London, March 2016
Engineering and Designs
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Consumer and retail
- Gaming charaters
- Furniture and upholstery
- Consumer products
- Tabacco products
- Surgical tools
- Gas cylinder and delivery systems
- Valve technology
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University College London
Find another attorney