Sarah, Partner, is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group.
She deals with all aspects of patent and design protection in the mechanical engineering field. She has substantial experience in relation to preparation of patent specifications, filing and prosecution of patent applications, and opposition work, before the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Patent Office. Sarah also advises on the registration of designs at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office. She has particular experience in dealing with recordal of assignments and other transactions.
Sarah works with a broad range of different clients ranging from corporate clients to SMEs to private clients. She deals with a number of technologies including: medical and industrial endoscopy; healthcare equipment; filter apparatus; construction equipment; oil and gas production; offshore technology; and materials processing and handling.
She has tutored candidates for the UK and European final examinations and has regularly lectured at universities including the University of Bath and to various companies. Sarah is a contributor to the Concise European Patent Law volume of the “Concise IP” series of books produced by Kluwer Law International and the CITMA and CIPA Community Designs Handbook.
Sarah has a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from Southampton University.
- Successfully defended a European Patent Office opposition against a European patent of a client in the medical diagnostics field.
- IP advice for a start-up company, developing portfolios of patent applications worldwide.
- Acted on behalf of a medical devices client, drafting and prosecuting patent and design applications and providing strategic advice on its patent portfolio.
- Successfully opposed a competitor’s European patent, allowing a manufacturing client to continue certain business critical activities.
Young Professional Industry Experience IP mini Master Class, London , June 2018
Norton Rose Fulbright, Women in IP – Launch event, Attending, London, November 2016
Guest IP Lecturer at the University of Bath, Bath, February 2017
Guest IP lecturer at the University of Bath, Bath, February 2016
February 2015 – Lecture to Engineering students, University of Bath
Engineering and Designs
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Consumer goods
- Medical devices
- Process industries
- Construction equipment
- Filter apparatus
- Healthcare equipment
- Materials processing and handling
- Medical and industrial endoscopy
- Offshore technology
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- BEng (Hons), University of Southampton
Winner – Design Law, Global Law Experts Annual Awards 2015
“With Sarah, you know you feel like you’re working with a colleague, not somebody who is just out to do a job for you.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
Find another attorney