Sarah is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group.
Sarah has special experience in drafting and prosecution in the fields of telecommunications (including applications covering Standard submissions), electronics for automotive and consumer applications, semiconductor devices and semiconductor manufacturing processes. She has also particular expertise with patents related to digital rights management. Sarah is skilled at advising and representing clients during Oral Proceedings (examination, opposition and appeal) at the European Patent Office.
She has had experience of concluding various types of IP agreements, including: R&D agreements, IP divestiture contracts, technology and patent licence agreements, software licences and confidentiality agreements.
Prior to joining Boult Wade Tennant, she was the director of an industrial practice, managing a team of patent practitioners and support staff handling the full range of intellectual property matters in Europe for a multinational high tech company with an extensive patent portfolio.
- Presented arguments for five related video processing cases at Oral Proceedings before the Examining Division at the European Office and was successful in achieving a grant of all five patents with scopes fully in line with the client’s interest.
- Worked with the technical experts to prepare a case, relating to a frequency synthesizer, for Oral Proceedings on Appeal, presented arguments at the Oral Proceedings, and successfully overcame the Board of Appeal objections.
Google Patent OC Summit 2018, USA
LES Annual Licensing Update Seminar and Reception, London, February 2016
November 2014 – Techlaw 2014 – Legal update and discussion for the Technology Sector
October 2012 – epi/EPO Seminar Guidelines2Day
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Automotive electronics
- Consumer electronics
- Medical products
- Mobile communications
- Semiconductor devices and manufacturing
- Mechanical devices
- Mobile communications
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- BSc (Hons) Physics, University of Southampton
“I've worked mostly with Sarah who has been fabulous the whole time.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
Find another attorney