Phil is a UK Registered Patent Attorney and a European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. He assists with the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide. Phil regularly works with inventors as well as small businesses and large global organisations, with subject matter ranging from mechanical devices to computer-implemented inventions.
Phil has a PhD from University College London, with his scientific work and expertise based in the field of Quantum Magnetism. He was also partly based in the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering at the Paul Scherrer Institut in Switzerland, and has expertise in neutron scattering techniques and instrumentation, including cryogenics and high pressure sample environments.
As an undergraduate, Phil studied at the University of Oxford obtaining a MPhys degree with final year specialisations in condensed matter physics and quantum information processing.
- Worked as part of a team with in-house inventors and counsel from a major heavy industry client, to draft a complex family of patent applications related to a new product.
- Assisted in the response to a notice of opposition in a matter relating to aircraft structure.
- Assisted in a request to ensure priority was validly claimed on behalf of an international consultancy company for digital technologies.
- Helped prepare a series of assignments for a large portfolio of applications across multiple patent families for a cryptography and software organisation.
December 2014 – Seminar, ‘FRAND licensing’
November 2014 – Seminar, ‘Recent U.S. developments in case law around software and business methods’
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Chromatography systems
- Medical devices
- Semiconductor devices
- Digital content distribution
- UK Registered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- PhD Condensed Matter Physics, University College London
- MPhys Physics, University of Oxford
- Chartered Patent Attorney
Find another attorney