Naomi is a Chartered UK Patent Attorney and a European Patent Attorney in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group.
She is experienced in the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide. Naomi also has experience in the preparation of freedom-to-operate and patentability opinions and her practice spans a wide range of biotechnology areas. Naomi has particular experience in the areas of disease biomarker signatures and personalised medicine, stem cell technologies and medical devices.
Naomi previously worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre in New York conducting research into cell behaviours relevant to morphogenesis and metastasis. Naomi carried out doctoral research at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford. Her work, published in several journals including Current Biology and Developmental Cell, concerned an aspect of the cell cycle that frequently malfunctions during tumorigenesis. She has practical experience of a wide range of biochemical, molecular biology and imaging techniques.
Naomi has an MA Natural Sciences and a PhD in cancer cell biology, both from the University of Cambridge.
- Assisted a diagnostics client with strategic planning and execution of a patent drafting and filing strategy to provide commercially relevant coverage in anticipation of commercial discussions for a potential co-development opportunity.
Biotechnology and Life Sciences
CPC4 Capital Park
Sectors and practice areas
- Gene therapy
- Medical devices
- Scientific instruments
- Companion diagnostics
- Cancer biology
- Cell biology
- Imaging techniques
- Molecular biology
- Stem cell technologies
- Nucleic acid based technologies
- One Nucleus
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Cancer Cell Biology, University of Cambridge
- MPhil Developmental Biology, University of Cambridge
- MA Natural Sciences (Genetics), University of Cambridge
Find another attorney