Matthew is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group.
His practice involves drafting and prosecuting patent applications in all areas of general engineering, including the fields of: construction equipment; internal combustion engines; road sweeping vehicles; security documents; decontamination technology; packaging and food products. He also frequently prepares and prosecutes UK and EU design applications.
Matthew is a member of the Practice Committee at Boult Wade Tennant, which works to ensure that the firm’s procedures comply with any changes in national and intergovernmental laws.
Matthew has an MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bristol.
- Provided advice on the formation and implementation of an IP strategy for a London-based start-up.
- Provided ongoing advice on the IP strategy for a potentially market-changing product for a beverage production company, including drafting and filing a number of patent and design applications at various different stages of the product’s development and performing freedom-to-operate searches.
- Worked on secondment to provide support in invention capture, outside counsel management and patent prosecution to an in-house IP team of a multinational company.
- Drafts and prosecutes portfolios of design and patent applications throughout the world, including in the US, China, Japan, Canada, Russia and Australia, for a number of UK-based SME’s.
Equivalents: K = Na. Is the genie out of the bottle?, November 2017
Annual Update for Senior Trade Mark & Design Administrators, November 2017
MIP International Patent Forum, Attending, London, March 2017
Engineering and Designs
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Agricultural and industrial automotive engineering
- Construction and mining
- Food technology
- Medical devices
- Renewable energy
- Security documents
- Beverage dispensing systems
- Control systems
- Decontamination equipment
- Design registrations
- Earth moving tools
- Food and beverage packaging
- Internal combustion engines
- Production of banknotes and passports
- Single-serve beverage capsules
- Surgical and dentistry tools
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol
Find another attorney