Trade Mark Attorney
Luke is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney, European Trade Mark Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Trade Mark and Domain Names Group. He joined Boult Wade Tennant in 2009 as a legal assistant.
Luke works on national and international Trade Mark matters for a wide range of clients, from multinational companies to SMEs, individuals and charities.
Luke advises on the development, enforcement and exploitation of worldwide Trade Mark portfolios. He has a broad range of experience in Trade Mark prosecution, oppositions and settlement negotiations, the drafting of co-existence agreements, clearance searching, and the management of global Trade Mark watching services.
Luke has also held responsibility for the transfer of worldwide Trade Mark portfolios and has been involved in providing litigation support, as part of a legal team in High Court Trade Mark proceedings, for one of the firm’s major clients.
Luke also undertakes a large amount of pro bono work for a wide range of charity clients.
- Provided disclosure support in High Court Trade Mark proceedings on behalf of an automobile industry client.
- Working with a leading data centre provider client on numerous oppositions and settlement negotiations regarding its trade marks.
- Assisted a high-end audio manufacturer with a lengthy multijurisdictional dispute in relation to a specific Trade Mark.
- Clearance searching and advice to a large financial services client in relation to a launch of new finance products.
- Worldwide Trade Mark portfolio audit for a motorracing and vehicle manufacturing client for ongoing merchandising and licensing agreements and opportunities.
Attendee, ITMA Summer Reception, 2014
Attendee, ITMA Evening Seminars, 2014 – 2015
Trade Mark and Domain Names
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Automobile and motor racing
- Banking and financial services
- Computer gaming and software
- Hair and beauty services
- Leisure and hospitality
- Oil and gas
- Software and technology
- Filing and prosecution
- Opposition and disputes
- Registered designs
- CITMA: Member of Education Committee
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Law School
- Postgraduate Certificate Trade Mark Law and Practice, Queen Mary University of London
- LLB (Hons) Law and Politics, Osgoode Law School, Toronto and Keele University
Find another attorney