Laura is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. Prior to joining Boult Wade Tennant she worked elsewhere in a private practice for 10 years overseeing a large portfolio of work and representing a variety of international clients.
Laura drafts, files and prosecutes applications throughout the world, particularly in Europe. She has special expertise in the fields of: consumer and communication electronics; semiconductor lithographic apparatus and manufacturing processes; heat exchange devices and structural members. She has represented clients at opposition and appeal proceedings and has considerable experience of hearings at the European Patent Office.
Laura’s practice includes a wide range of clients from small companies or individuals to large international organisations and foreign associates.
Laura has an MA (Cantab) and an MSc (Physics) degrees, both from the University of Cambridge.
- Overcame a significant sufficiency and clarity objection in order that an aerospace client’s patent was granted in Europe.
- Successful prosecution of a European patent application for a recreational device created by a client in the sporting industry, including overcoming significant prior art objections.
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Medical devices
- Communication devices
- Institute of Physics: Associate Member
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- MA (Cantab) Physics, University of Cambridge
- MSc Physics, University of Cambridge
Find another attorney