Katherine is a Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group. She assists with the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
Prior to joining the profession, Katherine was a postdoctoral researcher at Louisiana State University, focusing on the field of quantum computing including quantum cryptography. Katherine has expertise and interests in quantum computing, quantum information and quantum communication. She has a PhD in physics from the University of Leeds.
As an undergraduate, Katherine studied at Durham University obtaining an MSc (Hons) Physics with a final year project looking at spectroscopy in Rubidium vapour cells.
- Assisted a start-up company from initial filing to growing the patent portfolio in the UK.
- Assisted with the prosecution of worldwide applications to help a well-known aerospace client to secure valuable protection to grow their portfolio.
Empack 2018, Birmingham
April 2015 – Seminar, ‘Groundless threats’
February 2015 – Seminar, ‘Privilege’
July 2014 – Lecture, ‘Indemnity insurance’
High Tech and Electrical
34 Bridge Street
Sectors and practice areas
- Fusion reactors
- Imaging systems
- Institute of Physics
- European Design Attorney
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- PhD Physics, University of Leeds and HP Labs Bristol
- MSci (Hons) Physics, Durham University
Find another attorney