Edward is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group.
Edward advises on the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and worldwide. He also has experience in the preparation of freedom-to-operate opinions, and has assisted in diligence exercises.
Edward completed a doctorate at the University of Oxford on the role of local immunity in vaccine-induced protection against tuberculosis. His work specifically investigated the immunological effects of delivering adenoviral and protein based vaccines to the respiratory tract.
Edward was awarded the Strode Prize for the highest mark in the legal paper of the 2014 UK patent finals examinations.
- Advised a bio venture capital company on due diligence and freedom-to-operate issues related to a university spinout.
- Assisted a major pharmaceutical company with the drafting of a portfolio of patent applications in a new therapeutic area.
- Manages the European and foreign patent portfolio for a medium sized pharmaceutical and diagnostics company based in the UK.
Oxford Innovation Forum
Investival Biotech and Money showcase
CIPA Life Sciences Conference, Northampton, November 2017
BioBeat17 Meeting, London, November 2017
London IP Summit, Attending, October 2017
MIP International Patent Forum, Attending, London, March 2017
One Nucleus, Genesis 2016, attending, London, December 2016
CIPA Life Sciences Conference, Attending, Brighton, November 2016
BIA UK Bioscience Forum, London, October 2016
One Nucleus: Immuno-Oncology Investment Forum, Attending, London, October 2016
‘Vaccines for Ebola: tackling a market failure’, University of Oxford, London, March 2016
MIP International Patent Forum 2016, London, March 2016
Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co’s Annual Patents Seminar, London, January 2016
December 2014 – Genesis Conference
October 2014 – BioPharma Live
May 2014 – BIA Lecture, ‘Inspiring innovation in healthcare and the next generation’
Biotechnology and Life Sciences
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Medical devices
- Cancer diagnostics and pharmaceuticals
- Chimeric antibodies
- Viral vectors and vaccines
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- DPhil Clinical Immunology, University of Oxford
- MA Biological Sciences, University of Oxford
Find another attorney