Trainee Trade Mark Secretary – London
Boult Wade Tennant is a leading UK-based firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and has offices in London, Reading, Cambridge , Oxford and Munich. The firm has 35 partners, some 50 other professional personnel and a total of over 200 staff.
The firm offers a combination of intellectual property expertise, broad-based technical knowledge and well-developed commercial know-how to assist clients in securing effective protection for their inventions, ideas and trade marks. Our attorneys advise clients on how to use this protection for competitive advantage and help them to avoid any infringement of their competitors’ rights.
A full range of intellectual property services are provided including writing and prosecuting patents, registering trade marks, intellectual property strategy and policy advice, searches and watches, portfolio management, renewals, technical illustration, outsourcing services for in-house intellectual property departments and infringement and enforcement advice.
Boult Wade Tennant’s Trade Mark Group based in London have a need for a dedicated secretarial resource to provide an efficient, organised, reliable and flexible support service to the trade mark team, assisting with overflow and providing cover for sickness/holidays. The successful candidate will be someone who is happy to work autonomously, looking for an interesting variety of work, is helpful, eager to learn and willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Would suit a college leaver (full training will be provided)
- Intermediate knowledge of Word (track changes), Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer (searching, making/amending reservations etc)
- A high level of accuracy is required with good typing speed in copy and audio, preferably 55-60 wpm; emphasis on accuracy
- A ‘can do’ attitude, willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills within the role, approachability, flexibility as to hours and the role itself, a practical/common sense approach
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with individuals at different levels of seniority
- Proven ability to work effectively both as a team player and independently with initiative
- Ability to stay calm in often demanding situations and work well under pressure
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Audio and copy typing of legal documents to include, letters, reports, forms etc.
- Monitoring of Outlook calendars
- Preparation of standard letters and documentation for approval by fee earner
- Acting as a point of contact for internal questions and telephone calls ensuring accurate messages are taken
- Preparation and handling of all ancillary documentation as necessary (i.e. filing, faxing, photocopying and scanning)
- Monitoring post in the absence of fee earner, tying up files with post in preparation for return, ensuring urgent correspondence is given to another attorney in their absence
- Arranging UK travel and dealing with associated expense claims on behalf of the fee earner
- Charging to include: Preparation of charge sheets, billing narratives, general monitoring of fee earner’s Work in Progress (WIP), preparation of billing paperwork including billing narratives and updating various schedules on a daily basis
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as and when necessary i.e. opening new files
- Covering reception as and when required
- Windows 10
- Word 2010
- Excel 2010
- iManage (Document management system)
- Outlook (email and diary system)
- Inprotech (Records and Accounting System)
- Winscribe (Digital Dictation)
- Salary: tbc
- Working Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hrs per week
- 23 days holiday pa plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life Insurance (from start date)
- Company Personal Pension scheme (qualifying period three months)
- Flexible benefits package to include holiday trading scheme
From time to time reporting lines and responsibilities may change; any changes will be at the sole discretion of the firm.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com