Boult Wade Tennant is a leading UK-based firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and has offices in London, Reading, Cambridge, Oxford, Berlin and Munich. The firm has 35 partners, some 50 other professional personnel and a total of over 200 staff.
The firm offers a combination of intellectual property expertise, broad-based technical knowledge and well-developed commercial know-how to assist clients in securing effective protection for their inventions, ideas and trade marks. Our attorneys advise clients on how to use this protection for competitive advantage and help them to avoid any infringement of their competitors’ rights.
A full range of intellectual property services are provided including writing and prosecuting patents, registering trade marks, intellectual property strategy and policy advice, searches and watches, portfolio management, renewals, technical illustration, outsourcing services for in-house intellectual property departments and infringement and enforcement advice.
Boult Wade Tennant has a requirement for a dedicated secretarial resource to join the Oxford office working primarily for one partner and one fee earner within the Chemical team. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking for an interesting variety of work, is helpful, eager to learn and willing to take on extra responsibility.
• Advance knowledge of Word (track changes), Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer (searching, making/amending reservations etc)
• A high level of accuracy is required with good typing speed in copy and audio, preferably 55-60 wpm; emphasis on accuracy
• A ‘can do’ attitude, willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills within the role, approachability, flexibility as to hours and the role itself, a practical/common sense approach
• Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with individuals at different levels of seniority
• Proven ability to work effectively both as a team player and independently with initiative
• Ability to stay calm in often demanding situations and work well under pressure
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Audio and copy typing of legal documentation, to include, preparation of standard letters, forms, reports and new applications for approval by fee earner
• Responsible for taking detailed and accurate telephone messages, booking meetings, arranging appointments/travel and dealing with associated expense claims on behalf of the fee earner
• In the absence of the fee earner, monitor Outlook calendars, emails, post and prepare basic email responses, ensuring urgent correspondence is forwarded on to an attorney
• Monitoring deadline files and liaising with the fee earner to ensure appropriate action is taken
• Online searching – using various websites to search for existing registrations and applications
• Manage electronic and hard copy filing
• Liaising with the Records on a daily basis to assist with queries relating to file openings, abandoning applications and actions on cases with impending deadlines
• Preparation of billing paperwork to include drafting billing narratives, preparing charge sheets and WIP prints
• Worksite (Document management system)
• Outlook (Email and diary system)
• Inprotech (Records and Accounting System)
• Winscribe (Digital Dictation)
• Salary: TBC
• Working Hours: 3 days per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
• 23 days holiday pa plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Life Insurance (from start date)
• Company Personal Pension scheme (qualifying period three months)
• Flexible Benefits Package
From time to time reporting lines and responsibilities may change; any changes will be at the sole discretion of the firm.