European Patent Validations – Admin Assistant
Boult Wade Tennant is the leading UK-based firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and has offices in London, Reading, Cambridge and Oxford. The firm has 30 partners, some 50 other professional personnel and a total of over 200 staff.
The firm offers a combination of intellectual property expertise, broad-based technical knowledge and well-developed commercial know-how to assist clients in securing effective protection for their inventions, ideas and Trade Marks. Our attorneys advise clients on how to use this protection for competitive advantage and help them to avoid any infringement of their competitors’ rights.
A full range of intellectual property services are provided including writing and prosecuting patents, registering Trade Marks, intellectual property strategy and policy advice, searches and watches, portfolio management, renewals, technical illustration, outsourcing services for in-house intellectual property departments and infringement and enforcement advice.
Boult Wade Tennant has a dedicated European Patent Validations group which handles the grant stage of European patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO) and the subsequent patent validation procedure before national patent offices throughout Europe. The Group is made up of a Manager, Supervisor and five admin assistants and is based in our Reading office. Due to an increase in workload, we are looking for an additional admin assistant.
Responsibilities of the Group involve carrying out administrative and client-facing work, much of it independently, including client-chargeable administration work, client liaison, dealing with queries and instructions, and instructing counterpart patent firms throughout Europe.
Reporting to: Tracey Grenville, European Patents Validation Group Manager, and indirectly to Susi Fish, European Patents Validations Group – lead
The admin assistant will work on their own case load, ensuring client instructions are received and appropriately dealt with, monitoring and meeting milestone deadlines before the EPO and national patent offices, providing validation instructions to counterparts throughout Europe and handling billing and other administrative tasks.
Responsibilities will involve:
• Client liaison, responding to queries by telephone and email, preparing reports, liaising with other parts of the firm to obtain information for clients.
• Preparing standard documents and correspondence for patent offices, clients and other European patent firms.
• Producing costings for work, billing cases and reconciling invoices against costings.
All of the above tasks must be undertaken:
In a timely manner, and
In accordance with any regulations that apply to the firm.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with people at all levels
• Good standard of written English, as must be able to draft own correspondence
• Confidence and ability to communicate effectively with clients by telephone, email and letter
• Good team player
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
• Good level of IT skills
• Experience of Inprotech (case management system) or similar product would be useful but not essential.
At least 2 years’ experience in a busy environment in an admin or secretarial role would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Salary: tbc
• Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri
• 23 days holiday pa plus bank holidays
• Life Insurance (from start date)
• Company Personal Pension scheme (qualifying period three months)
• Flexible benefits package, including holiday trading
• Contractual Holiday Bonus Scheme
From time to time reporting lines and responsibilities may change; any changes will be at the sole discretion of the firm.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com