Boult Wade Tennant LLP is a leading firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and has offices in London, Reading, Cambridge , Oxford, Munich, Berlin and Madrid. The firm has 36 partners, some 50 other professional personnel and a total of over 200 staff.
The firm offers a combination of intellectual property expertise, broad-based technical knowledge and well-developed commercial know-how to assist clients in securing effective protection for their inventions, ideas and trade marks. Our attorneys advise clients on how to use this protection for competitive advantage and help them to avoid any infringement of their competitors’ rights.
A full range of intellectual property services are provided including writing and prosecuting patents, registering trade marks, intellectual property strategy and policy advice, searches and watches, portfolio management, renewals, technical illustration, outsourcing services for in-house intellectual property departments and infringement and enforcement advice.
This role will require you to be comfortable and confident supporting all functions of the Credit Control process and have previous experience dealing with high volumes and multiple queries. This role requires high attention to detail, excellent time management and the ability to communicate well with internal and external clients. The successful candidate must be a team player. The Credit Control department consists of 2 people: The Credit Control Assistant (currently recruiting for) and the Credit Control Supervisor. The Credit Control Assistant will be reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor. There are 13 people in the Accounts department.
- Responsible for managing assigned ledger of around 500 clients.
- Contact all clients where payments are due at least once a month.
- Prioritise chasing of challenging clients.
- Ensuring prompt payment of invoices as per our terms.
- Delivery of monthly cash targets as set.
- Work with external clients to resolve unpaid debt.
- Escalate queries to the management and the account holder as per our procedures.
- Work proactively with internal departments regarding client query resolution, setting timescales and keeping the client up to date at all times.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with both external clients and internal colleagues.
- Keep accurate notes on our systems
- Maintain and carry out regular data reviews of client contact data/ credit terms to ensure they are correct.
- Complex account reconciliations.
- Assist Financial Accounts with allocating funds received.
- Understand the importance of credit terms and be able to advise on them to internal and external parties.
- Reply to emails within 24 hours
- Windows 10
- Word 2010
- Excel 2010
- iManage (Document management system)
- Outlook (email and diary system)
- Inprotech (Records and Accounting System)
- Salary: tbc
- Working Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hrs per week
- 23 days holiday pa plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life Insurance (from start date)
- Company Personal Pension scheme (qualifying period three months)
- Flexible benefits package to include holiday trading scheme
From time to time reporting lines and responsibilities may change; any changes will be at the sole discretion of the firm.
All applications be sent to