Boult Wade Tennant LLP is a leading UK-based firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and has offices in London, Reading, Cambridge , Oxford, Berlin, Frankfurt and Madrid. The firm has 40 partners, some 90 other professional personnel and a total of over 200 staff.
The firm offers a combination of intellectual property expertise, broad-based technical knowledge and well-developed commercial know-how to assist clients in securing effective protection for their inventions, ideas and trade marks. Our attorneys advise clients on how to use this protection for competitive advantage and help them to avoid any infringement of their competitors’ rights.
A full range of intellectual property services are provided including writing and prosecuting patents, registering trade marks, intellectual property strategy and policy advice, searches and watches, portfolio management, renewals, technical illustration, outsourcing services for in-house intellectual property departments and infringement and enforcement advice.
Boult Wade Tennant’s Accounts Department based in London have a need for a Finance Manager.
- Leadership and management of the 11 members of staff in the Finance Team, divided across Financial Accounts, Billing and Credit Control. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure that performance, skills and experience meet the needs of the business.
- Direct supervision of the Billing Team.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in administering and managing finance integration of European offices, including group accounts.
- Monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for our Spanish and German entities.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts for the UK entity before they are submitted to the Financial Controller.
- Working with the Financial Controller to ensure that the content and methodology used to prepare the management accounts continue to develop.
- Development and maintenance of efficient and effective systems and controls.
- Assisting with the audit at the year-end.
Technical Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• A Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA). A qualified by experience accountant will also be considered.
• Experience in similar Finance management roles is expected.
• Exceptional organisational, communication & stakeholder management skills.
• A flexible, pragmatic, positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, solution focused with plenty of initiative.
• A track record of developing and implementing changes to existing and, ideally, new systems
• Able to understand business priorities and quickly adapt to changes.
• Drive and ability to deliver high-quality and accurate outputs.
• Able to work under pressure, manage multiple demands and support deadlines.
• Comprehensive understanding of financial and statutory accounting. Experience and knowledge of European accounting practices would be a bonus but not essential.
• In view of our international presence, a knowledge of the German and/or Spanish language would be an advantage, but is not essential.
• Windows 10
• Word 2010
• Excel 2010
• iManage (Document management system)
• Outlook (email and diary system)
• Inprotech (Records and Accounting System)
• Winscribe (Digital Dictation)
• Salary: tbc
• Working Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hrs per week
• 23 days holiday pa plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Life Insurance (from start date)
• Company Personal Pension scheme (qualifying period three months)
• Flexible benefits package to include holiday trading scheme
From time to time reporting lines and responsibilities may change; any changes will be at the sole discretion of the firm.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
The closing date is 4 December.