Simon, Partner, is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the High Tech and Electrical Group.
Simon deals with the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in the UK, Europe and around the world. He has significant expertise in managing worldwide filing and prosecution strategies, contentious European proceedings including oppositions and appeals, as well as due diligence.
He works with clients ranging from SMEs to large corporations, based in the UK, Europe and the US, in a wide variety of high tech industries. These include scientific instruments, telecommunication systems and control technologies. He is especially involved with patents related to instruments for molecular analysis, communication and signal processing techniques, optical components and computer architectures.
Simon has a PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Imperial College London. His doctoral research related to mobile radio and Wireless LAN systems and protocols, although he has extensive experience with other RF technologies and communication systems as well.
- Assisted a client in the semiconductor industry in successfully defending four patents resulting in the client retaining broad protection for this technology in Europe.
- Used in-depth knowledge of our client’s technology and systems to advise the telecommunications client on the approach of a non-practising entity regarding a large number of European patents, strengthening our client’s negotiation position significantly.
- Assisted a SME operating in the computer data systems market with due diligence ahead of a significant investment from a consortium.
MIP International Patent Forum, Speaker, London, March 2017
MIP International Patent Forum 2016, Speaker, London, March 2016
October 2014 – CIPA Congress
High Tech and Electrical
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Scientific instruments
- Communications and signal processing
- Computer architectures, operating systems and software
- Control technologies
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Instruments for molecular analysis
- Medical devices
- Optical components
- RF systems
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London
“Simon is an extraordinary individual; his ability to grasp complex issues and to deal with them …rapidly is extremely good. I think his legal knowledge is excellent and he's very approachable and easy to work with.” (Client comment, client satisfaction survey)
Find another attorney