James, Partner, is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group.
His practice focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a wide range of subject-matters, particularly within the aerospace and automotive industries, from simple mechanical devices to complex systems involving mechanical, electrical and software components. James is regularly involved in oppositions before the European Patent Office and has experience of prosecuting computer implemented inventions on the boundary of inherent patentability. James also has experience of obtaining design registrations.
James has a PhD in Biometrics from the University of Surrey, a MEng (Oxon) Engineering Science from the University of Oxford and a postgraduate certificate in Intellectual Property Law from Queen Mary University of London.
- Successfully defended a patent, on behalf of a major aerospace client, overcoming negative preliminary opinion.
- Worked with a company focusing on seismic acquisition technologies and techniques to successfully defend two patents in opposition proceedings against a competitor.
IQPC Oil and Gas Summit, Attending, January 2017
3D Printing – Interactive Panel Discussion, Attending, London, November 2016
Engineering and Designs
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Computer security
- Oil technology
- Computer monitor supports
- Flight control systems
- Gas cylinders
- Hybrid vehicles
- Identity authentication software
- Marine seismic survey equipment
- Office furniture
- Speed cameras
- Threaded pipe connections
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- PhD Face Recognition, University of Surrey
- MEng (Oxon) Engineering Science, University of Oxford
Find another attorney