Charlotte, Partner, is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney, European Trade Mark Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Trade Mark and Domain Name Group.
Charlotte’s practice includes UK, European Union and International Trade Mark, design and domain name work. Charlotte has a particular interest in domain names, including domain name recovery proceedings such as the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy Administrative Procedure. She has experience in Trade Mark searching, filing, prosecution, maintenance and formalities in a wide range of countries worldwide. Charlotte is experienced in taking over and managing large client portfolios. Charlotte has been involved in various contentious matters including supporting clients as part of a legal team in High Court Trade Mark infringement and passing-off proceedings, in matters before both the General Court and Court of Justice of the European Union and in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the UKIPO and the EUIPO. Charlotte is regularly involved in negotiating with third parties on behalf of clients, for example in relation to coexistence agreements.
Charlotte has given presentations to members of CITMA including on the subject of “The Pitfalls of Rectification Actions Before the IPO” and at the CITMA Spring Conference on the subject of rebranding. Charlotte gives presentations in-house and externally for clients. She has written various articles for the CITMA Review and other IP and business related publications and is a joint editor of, and a regular contributor to, our in-house publication boult.bites TM. Charlotte is also a contributor to “A User’s Guide to Trade Marks and Passing Off, fourth edition.”
Charlotte has further undertaken pro bono work on behalf of a UK-based military charity.
- Assisted a vehicle manufacturer client with a lengthy multijurisdictional dispute in relation to a specific Trade Mark.
- Acting for a major new media client, taking over the management of its significant global portfolio.
- Manages the global portfolio of a multinational business services provider, including the prosecution of applications and tackling third party use of trade marks.
Marques 30th Annual Conference, Alicante, Spain, September 2016
29th Marques Annual Conference, Vienna, September 2015
Marques conference, Alicante, March 2015
Marques conference, Copenhagen, September 2014
Trade Mark and Domain Names
70 Gray's Inn Road
Sectors and practice areas
- Certification and standards
- Entertainment and media
- Food and drink
- Publishing and broadcasting
- Brand selection and clearance
- Brand strategy
- Domain names
- Portfolio management
- Trade marks
- CITMA: Education and Training Committee
- Marques: Education Team
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- MSc Management of Intellectual Property (Awarded GlaxoSmithKline prize) Queen Mary University of London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property, Queen Mary University of London
- BSc (Hons) Biology, Kingston University London
'[Emma Pitcher] often works together with Charlotte Duly and “they make a great team”. Both are “astute, technically excellent, well connected and display a high degree of commerciality”. WTR's 1000 Leading Trademark Professionals, 2017
“Charlotte Duly recently made partner and is one of the next generation’s highest-quality practitioners.” WTR 1000, 2016 (Bronze, Individuals: prosecution and strategy)
“Case studies also feature peer-recommended Charlotte Duly, who is working on Carnival Films’ Downton Abbey trade mark portfolio,” Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Handbook, 2015
Named in CV Magazine 'Ones to watch in 2017', UK Legal Sector
Find another attorney