Your brand is probably your most important asset. In the Trade Mark and Domain Names Group, we make protecting, enforcing and enhancing your IP rights our business. We advise on a national and international basis, representing a wide variety of businesses from start-ups to multinational corporations. We have gained valuable commercial experience in a wide range of sectors and industries, so whichever sphere you operate in, we can offer insight and add value. Not only are we experienced advisers, we are also commercially sensitive to what is happening in the market and pride ourselves on being ahead of the game. We are active and vocal members of a variety of industry bodies, such as International Trade Mark Association (INTA), The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) and Marques.
We cover a broad range of sectors, including:
- Charity and voluntary sector
- Computer software
- Engineering and heavy industry
- Entertainment, TV and media
- Financial services and banking
- Food and drink
- Health and leisure
- New technologies
Our clients are drawn from a wide range of industries. They trust us with one of their biggest assets; their brand, and we provide world-class service, imaginative solutions and timely responses.
MEET THE Trade Mark and Domain Names TEAM
- Successfully acted for foreign Government in an EUIPO challenge over the non-use of a famous brand.
- Represented the largest hair salon chain in the world, reversing a decision made by the Brazilian PTO and gaining the client important protection against third parties trying to pass themselves off as the brand.
- Acted for a market leading manufacturer of road-building machines, overcoming objections to the client’s UK application for a 3D device mark and providing it with persuasive evidence for submissions in other territories.
- Successfully recovered a key domain name for an online seller of vehicle parts, after it was discovered being used to direct people to their competitors.
- Assisted a well-known producer of alcoholic beverages in its successful opposition against an application filed by a company in the same field, resulting in the protection of an important brand.
Ranked top tier for Trade Mark Prosecution
Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Handbook, 2016
'Boult Wade Tennant is a ... trademark powerhouse with international reach, superlative project management skills, a client-first mentality and a deep roster of talent. It is the opposite of a factory – its partners are involved on the frontlines and are incredibly thoughtful about strategy."'
WTR 1000, 2016
“[Boult Wade Tennant is] ‘at the top of the tree – an outstanding full service firm with consistently excellent practitioners’.”
Legal 500, 2015
ITMA becomes Chartered Institute of Trade...
This new status for CITMA is recognition of the high professional standards, expertise, and quality of service which has been continuously provided for more than 80 years.