Our High Tech and Electrical Group, one of the largest in the UK, houses experience in areas as diverse as systems engineering, software development, high speed optoelectronics and magnetic field generation. We are equally at home talking to scientists and inventors as we are to business people and lawyers. We understand the fast-moving nature of the sectors you work in and are here to help you every step of the way, from prosecuting patent applications around the world to offering litigation support and advice when necessary.
We belong and actively contribute to industry bodies such as The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) and Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPO) giving us access to the latest industry ideas, and helping us to keep you ahead of the market.
Our clients include major industrials, academic institutions, small and medium-sized enterprises and independent research organisations. We can provide expertise on a vast number of areas, including these to the right:
- Computer games and animation
- Consumer electronics
- Drug-polymer conjugates
- Financial, e-commerce and business solutions
- Internet searching, management and delivery
- Medical devices and imaging
- Multimedia including digital rights management (DRM)
- Navigation and mapping
- Scientific and research instruments, cryogenics
- Sensors and monitors for petrochemical and other applications
- Software and computer implemented inventions
- Telecommunications including mobile, radio interfaces and standards
- Utilities and green technologies including solar and smart metering
We have a portfolio of prestigious clients who are leaders in their prospective fields. We support them through patent applications, oppositions and appeals. We know that one of the biggest challenges for companies in this sector is the management of increasingly large and complex patent portfolios. We are vastly skilled and experienced in this area.
MEET THE High Tech and Electrical TEAM
- Successfully represented a US-based software developer of broadband solutions in a long-running battle against a major telecoms company, claiming victory in the High Court, Court of Appeal and the European Patent Office (EPO) Opposition Division.
- Acted for a major UK telecoms company in the drafting of numerous new patent applications, as well as commercially significant European oppositions against a non-practicing entity.
- Defended a US product development company in an European Patent Office (EPO) Appeal, which was accelerated due to the commercial importance of the case, and ultimately went in favour of the client.
“[Boult Wade Tennant] ‘consistently manages to meet the most demanding deadlines, and never fails to bring value-adding ideas and insights to the table.’”
IAM Patent 1000, 2015
“I think they’re globally strong across the board in terms of our patent prosecution and our trademarks – they’re very efficient and on the ball.”
Client comment - client satisfaction survey
“They are a very bright, thoughtful bunch and are easy to work with.”
FRANDly fighting: advice on acquiring and...
The decision handed down by Mr Justice Birss in April 2017includes some potentially valuable advice to any company looking to acquire and license SEPs.